Carbon 360® Platform Terms & Conditions
The contracting provider of the Carbon 360® service is Paying.Green Holdings Pty Ltd, ABN 20 650 457 417.
Any business wishing to participate in the Paying.Green® Carbon 360® program, may apply for Carbon 360® Platform access.
Access is subject to the following terms and conditions
1. Platform Access Application
Your Platform Access Application requires you to provide true and accurate information.
Platform Access will be valid for a period of 12 months from the date of receipt of your completed Platform Access Application and associated payment.
You must keep your contact details updated via the Custom Account Page otherwise we may not be able to provide our services to you.
2. Payment and Subscription
The Platform Access is subject to receipt of your completed Platform Access Application and payment of the first 12 months of the Platform Fee. You will then gain online Platform Access, a downloadable PDF invoice and an electronic payment receipt.
Note that the annual Platform Access Fee converts into a monthly fee from month 13. This does not apply to the GHG Management Certificate Program.
Note that fees are payable in US Dollars and will be reviewed annually.
3. General Sales Tax (Australia only)
General Sales Tax (“GST”) will be payable in addition and only for Australian based businesses in accordance with the Australian Government A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999. Please note that the Australian Tax Office (“ATO”) requires GST Invoices in foreign currency to also incorporate an equivalent Australian Dollar amount, calculated as at the date of transaction. The currency conversion rate applied for this disclosure to the ATO may differ from the currency conversion rate applied by your bank or financial institution
4. Cancellations and Refunds
If either party wishes to cancel the business’ access to the Carbon 360® Platform Access, it may do so by providing written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 days from the renewal date, being the anniversary date of the business’ subscription. No refund or pro-rata refund will be provided upon cancellation of your Platform Access. If the cancellation occurs during the month to month payment cycle a 30-day notice is still required
5. Satisfaction Guarantee
If you wish to cancel the Platform Access due to non-satisfaction within 30 calendar days from successfully joining you need to contact email@example.com and request a cancellation and refund. Your account access will be terminated and your refund initiated within 7 business days under a ‘no questions asked’ policy.
Note that currency exchange fluctuations may result in a small variation of the refunded amount.
Your Platform Access Fee will automatically revert to a month-to-month fee from month 13 onwards.
We generally send an electronic notice to your account-nominated email address approximately 1 month before the change in payment cycle.
7. Carbon 360® Platform Privileges
Upon finalisation of your Platform Access, you will gain access to the Carbon 360® online Resources Area and your Custom Account Page. The Carbon 360® Resources Area will provide you with access to all available documentation, tools, training videos and other learning and reporting resources. Through the Resources Area you will also gain access to a number of services that are included as part of your Platform Fee including (but not limited to) including the use of the Carbon 360® Step 1 to 8 GHG Management Program, The Navigator™ and the web based Inventory Management Plan access to Climate Scout™, Climate Connect and more.
8. GHG Management Certificate
Upon successful completion of all of the eight Quizzes (80% pass rate required) in the 8-step GHG Management program we will issue a Certificate of GHG Management to each participant who has satisfactorily completed the Program.
In addition, the parties must, in respect of any personal information which either party receives or has access to under this document:
- comply with the Australian Privacy Act; and
- only use or disclose Personal Information for the purpose for which the Personal Information was originally provided to the parties.
10. Website Access
As a Platform Access subscriber, you acknowledge that you have read and accepted the General Website Access Terms available here.
11. Password Security
You are responsible to ensure that your password and login details remain secure and confidential. You must inform us if you know or suspect that your password and/or login details have been compromised and third parties may have accessed or may have access to your account. In the event of actual or suspected loss or disclosure of your password and login details, we will revoke your access rights and you will have to register again to use the Online Platform. The re-registration will be free of charge for the remaining period of your current membership.
From time to time, we may update these Platform Terms and Conditions. The updated Terms and Conditions will apply to all current and new Carbon 360® Platform subscriptions from the time of posting on our website onwards.
All notices and other communications in relation to these Terms and Conditions must be in writing in English and sent via electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Notices to you will be sent electronically to the email address you have provided through the Custom Account Page
In relation to the provision of Platform services:
- We exclude all implied conditions and warranties, except those of which the exclusion would contravene any statute or cause any part of these terms and conditions to be void;
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any loss or damage (whether foreseeable or not) suffered by any person acting on our advice, whether the loss or damage arises in connection with our negligence, default or lack of care, any misrepresentation or any other cause; and
- Our liability is limited to providing you with the services again.
- We do not claim to offer any business science-based carbon neutral or net zero status.
- We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied as to the services or information we provide.
- We do not warrant that the use of our website will be uninterrupted, error-free, or free from viruses, malware, or other harmful threats. The use of our website and the Carbon 360® services is at your sole risk.
15. General Advice Warning
We do not provide financial advice and our services do not consider your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on any information, you should consider the appropriateness of the information provided and the nature of any relevant financial product having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs.
16.1. Confidential information
By submitting a Platform Access Application, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed that;
- Each party must keep the Confidential Information of the other party confidential;
- Each party must not use the other party’s Confidential Information other than for the purpose of exercising its rights and performing its obligations under this document; and
- Each party must use at least the same degree of care to avoid disclosure of the other party’s Confidential Information as it uses to protect its own Confidential Information.
16.2. Permitted disclosures
A party may disclose the Confidential Information of another party:
- to its officers, employees, professional advisers or agents, its related bodies corporate, and the officers, employees or agents of its related bodies corporate who have a need to know the Confidential Information and have agreed to maintain confidentiality in accordance with clause5.1; or
- to the extent required by law, so long as (to the extent possible) the party gives the other party reasonable advance notice and opportunity to object to the requirement to disclose such information or obtain an appropriate order to protect its Confidential Information.
- You agree Paying Green staff, including IT staff (and their sub-contractors) can view any of your data.
- You agree that Paying.Green may use your added data, however only when strictly deidentified from you, for improvement, educational and commercial purposes including calculating industry averages, metrics, trends and other similar applications.
- You agree that in the event of an unintentional data breach, you will not hold us liable as you agree that the data entered into our systems are not considered sensitive.
16.3. Survival of obligation
Clause 16 survives the termination of this document.
17. Subject to Change
Paying.Green® may from time to time and at its sole discretion vary the terms of the Carbon 360® service, content and associated Platform Terms & Conditions. It remains your responsibility to keep yourself informed of the latest version of these terms by accessing the Paying.Green website and this page on a regular basis.
18. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws from time to time in force in Queensland, Australia and each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that territory.