Carbon 360™ Terms of Service
Membership Terms & Conditions
- Membership Eligibility
Any business wishing to participate in the Paying.Green® Carbon 360™ program, may apply for Carbon 360™ membership. Membership is subject to the following terms and conditions.
- Membership Application
Your membership application requires you to provide true and accurate information. Memberships will be valid for a period of 12 months from the date of application.
You must keep your contact details updated via the Custom Account Page otherwise we may not be able to provide our services to you.
- Payment and Subscription
The membership is subject to receipt of your completed membership application and payment of the initial Set Up and Annual Subscription fee. In return we will provide you with online membership access, a downloadable membership certificate, a downloadable PDF invoice and an electronic payment receipt.
Please note that subscription fees are payable in US Dollars.
- General Sales Tax
General Sales Tax (“GST”) will be payable in addition for Australian based businesses in accordance with the Australian Government A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999. Please note that the Australian Tax Office (“ATO”) requires GST Invoices in foreign currency to also incorporate an equivalent Australian Dollar amount, calculated as at the date of transaction. The currency conversion rate applied for this disclosure to the ATO may differ from the currency conversion rate applied by your bank or financial institution.
- Cancellations and Refunds
If either party wishes wish to cancel the membership, it may so by providing written notice to support @paying.green no later than 30 days from renewal date, being the anniversary date of your subscription. No refund or pro-rata refund will be provided upon cancellation of your membership.
Your membership and subscription will be renewed every 12 months and we generally send an electronic notice to your account nominated email address approximately 1 month before the auto renewal date.
- Membership Privileges
Upon finalisation of your membership, you will gain access to the online members area and your custom account page. The membership area will provide you access to all your membership documentation including invoice, certificates, account details and more. Through the online members area you will also gain access to a number of services which are included as part of your subscription fee including (but not limited to) including the use of the Carbon 360™ Step 1 to 8 GHG Accounting based Net Zero transition content, Carbon 360 Seal and communication resources , access to Climate Scout™ and Climate Connect , carbon offset project reporting, and more.
- Membership Certificate
Upon finalisation of your membership, your membership certificate will be issued to you formally acknowledging your business’ committed transition towards carbon neutrality or net zero.
- Marketing & Communication Material
Carbon 360™ Members may use only the marketing material offered under “Marketing & Communication” accessible in the members area with, from time to time, specific conditions stated there and always under fair use principles.
In addition, the parties must, in respect of any Personal Information which either party receives or has access to under this document:
- comply with the Australian Privacy Act; and
- only use or disclose Personal Information for the purpose for which the Personal Information was originally provided to the parties.
11. Website Access
As a Member you acknowledge that you have read and accepted the general website Access Terms available here.
- Password Security
You are responsible to ensure that your password and login details remain secure and confidential. You must inform us if you know or suspect that your password and/or login details have been compromised and third parties may have accessed or may have access to your account. In the event of actual or suspected loss or disclosure of your password and login details, we will revoke your access rights and you will have to register again to use the Online Platform. The re-registration will be free of charge for the remaining period of your current membership.
From time to time, we may update these Terms and Conditions. The updated Terms and Conditions will apply to all current and new Carbon 360™ memberships from the time of posting on our website onwards.
All notices and other communications in relation to these Terms and Conditions must be in writing in English and sent via electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Notices to you will be sent electronically to the email address you have provided through the Custom Account Page.
In relation to the provision of membership services:
- We exclude all implied conditions and warranties, except those of which the exclusion would contravene any statute or cause any part of these terms and conditions to be void;
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any loss or damage (whether foreseeable or not) suffered by any person acting on our advice, whether the loss or damage arises in connection with our negligence, default or lack of care, any misrepresentation or any other cause; and
- Our liability is limited to providing you with the services again.
- We do not claim to offer any business science based carbon neutral or net zero status.
- We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied as to the services or information we provide.
- We do not warrant that the use of our website will be uninterrupted, error free, or free from viruses, malware, or other harmful threats. The use of our website is at your sole risk.
- General Advice Warning
Our services do not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on any information, you should consider the appropriateness of the information provided and the nature of any relevant financial product having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs.
17.1. Confidential information
- each party must keep the Confidential Information of the other party confidential;
- each party must not use the other party’s Confidential Information other than for the purpose of exercising its rights and performing its obligations under this document; and
- each party must use at least the same degree of care to avoid disclosure of the other party’s Confidential Information as it uses to protect its own Confidential Information.
17.2. Permitted disclosures
A party may disclose the Confidential Information of another party:
- to its officers, employees, professional advisers or agents, its related bodies corporate, and the officers, employees or agents of its related bodies corporate who have a need to know the Confidential Information and have agreed to maintain confidentiality in accordance with clause5.1; or
- to the extent required by law, so long as (to the extent possible) the party gives the other party reasonable advance notice and opportunity to object to the requirement to disclose such information or obtain an appropriate order to protect its Confidential Information.
17.3. Survival of obligation
Clause 17 survives termination of this document.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Membership Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws from time to time in force in Queensland, Australia and each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that Territory.